150g of 60% melted dark choc (add ½ tsp. Vanilla extract, if you want to make the chocolate sweeter) or a flavoured dark chocolate (eg Lindt)
150g Medjool dates pitted
4 level tbsp of Coconut water
Pinch of sea salt
- To make the chocolate, place in a saucepan over low heat until melted, make sure not to overheat!
- Using a small silicone mould tray, teaspoon in your chocolate mixture until 1/4 way full (leave enough space to add the caramel later).
- Place the tray in the freezer while you make your caramel.
- Place all your caramel ingredients in a food processor and blend until a creamy, smooth caramel forms.
- Check to see if the chocolate has hardened in the freezer. If so, spoon in the caramel (about 1 teaspoon per mould) and cover with the left over chocolate, place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- These can be made in bulk and stored in the freezer ready for taking out when needed.
This recipe is slightly adapted from the original ‘Caramel Bites’ by Roz Purcell, see http://naturalbornfeeder.com/caramel-bites/