Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Here Orla shares one of their favourite quick dinner recipes using a great short-cut with bought soup
Tell me a little about yourself!
Hi, I’m Orla, General Practice Nurse and Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). I am a Mum to 3 children and a farmers wife. I work part time as a nurse in the GP surgery and my other days, I work as a Breastfeeding Consultant privately. I run monthly antenatal Introduction to Breastfeeding Classes which has grown massively since moving online. I also offer Breastfeeding Consultations to post partum mums and their babies if having any problems. I just love what I do and get great job satisfaction which drives me every day.
Why do you recommend this recipe?
I love cooking when I get time and I love one pot dinners. I often put the dinner on in the morning and know we will have a healthy dinner that day instead of rushing when we are all tired in the evening. Everyone in our house likes chicken and broccoli so, it’s a win win and healthy and quick to prepare.
What do you find is the biggest challenge in growing happy, healthy eaters?
That all 3 children and husband included, don’t like the same dinners. 2 of my children are great for eating fruit and vegetables outside of dinner so, I don’t stress too much about that at dinnertime.
There will always be one comment every night – that they don’t like it!
What’s the one thing you find works with your family to help with this challenge?
So, to have one dinner that they all eat, can be hard but I only ever cook one dinner and a variety of vegetables. I do cook a dish that I know they each love once a week. As they get older, they are nearly getting fussier!! This recipe below is one they all love and its full of goodness.
Chicken and Broccoli Bake
It’s easy to make, delicious and healthy
2 carrots ( peeled and thinly sliced)
1 broccoli (break into florets)
½ onion (cut into large chunks)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
Shake of Parsley
2 teaspoons curry power
4 free range chicken fillets
2 Cully & Scully Chicken & Vegetable Soup
1 and ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
15g freshly ground breadcrumbs
- Place the broccoli and carrots in saucepan and cook until al dente
- Chop chicken into chunks and cook in pan with small amount of rapeseed oil
- Add in onion and garlic to chicken and fry
- Put cooked chicken and all vegetables into oven proof dish
- Pour soup over this and mix together,
- Add parsley, curry powder
- Mix all together
- Mix up breadcrumbs and cheese together and sprinkle this on top.
- Put into oven for 30 mins covered with lid or foil.
- Take off lid or foil and cook for further 7-15 mins (keep close eye to avoid burning)
- Serve with jacket potatoes or boiled rice
Find out more about Orla at www.lactationtalk.com and on social media @lactationtalkwith orla