If you’re looking for a food gift idea for yourself or someone else I’d like to recommend Indy Power’s cookbook The Little Green Spoon. Both I and Indy studied the same course in Nutrition & Health Coaching at the IINH. Her passion (like myself), is honest to goodness, healthy food with real recipes; to nourish your body from the inside out.
As she says herself ‘Eating real, natural food has so many amazing benefits and I’ve seen incredible changes in my digestive health, skin and mood all while eating incredibly delicious food'.
Indy’s cookbook The Little Green Spoon includes over 100 gorgeous and healthy everyday recipes. The main focus is to make recipes as nutritious as possible, yet packed with flavour. What makes it different to lots of other cookbooks is the huge focus on simple recipes. Everything is really easy and most of the recipes are super quick. It’s all about embracing natural and nutrient-rich foods. A bonus is that her recipes are free of refined sugar, with many dairy free as well as being gluten free. Her recipes are a great opportunity for you and your kids to cook and enjoy healthy food. This cookbook with beautiful photographs is suitable for both novices and experienced cooks alike.
The book is filled with:
- Healthy treats like Rocky Road (a chocolate treat)- see below
- Kid –friendly vegetable recipes like Carrot and Courgette Fritters (great finger food)
- Remakes of favourites like Chicken Kiev (with a nutritious crumb)
- Alternative ways of serving fruit like Mixed Berry Chia Jam (a simple alternative to high-sugar jam)
- Lots of dairy free recipes (even for those not dairy free) like Hot Chocolate Sauce
- Breakfast recipes like Cacao Overnight Oats
- Lots of gluten free recipes like Sweet Potato Bread
- as well as different ideas like char grilled avocado
You can also of course sign up on her website (https://thelittlegreenspoon.com) and receive a new recipe to your email each week (like I do). She is constantly experimenting to develop new recipes and put a healthy twist on some old favourites.
Please note that I did not receive any gain from Indy Power or the The Little Green Spoon for writing this.