These flapjacks are easy and quick to make and contain a surprising ingredient, a raw vegetable. They look and taste really nice. They also contain a great carbohydrate (oats), protein (nuts or seeds) as well as the vegetable (grated carrots). They can also be made gluten free or nut free
- 120 g oats (can be gluten free oats)
- 40 g any nuts or sunflower seeds
- 60 g raisins or other dried fruit
- 220 g grated carrot
- 1- 2 tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)
- Grease and base line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Blend all the ingredients togther using a food processor, high powered blender or a hand stick blender. If using the latter you may need to add a tiny bit of cold water to ensure it all comes together.
- Spoon into your prepared cake tin and smooth over the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and slightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut into squares or bars using a sharp knife. Then leave to cool in the tin.