Healthy Eating Classes
Dr. Colette facilitates Healthy Eating Classes for parents in various settings such as primary schools, juvenile sports clubs and libraries. I offer these interactive classes to a variety of community groups including: parent and toddlers, breastfeeding, baby massage, baby yoga and postnatal pilates.
Topics can be customised to meet the requirements of your group and can be delivered as a single event or series of events. Topics include:
- Top Tips for Healthy Eating for the whole Family including quick changes and swaps to eat a wide variety of tasty foods.
- Growing Healthy, Happy Eaters Top Tips to ensure your kids and the whole family eat and enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods.
- Stress Free Family Meals Straightforward strategies to help achieve stress free family meals.
- Creating healthy eating habits and preventing fussy eating so your baby and toddler develops a good relationship with healthy food now and in the long-term.
- Weaning in a Nutshell Master Course. This covers: What are the best types of foods to first introduce & how exactly to introduce them, Is baby led weaning the best approach? When to know your child is ready for solids and why responsive feeding is key.
Testimonial for Healthy Eating Classes
Colette’s knowledge about healthy eating will change the way you think about feeding your children and make it easier for you as a parent to make decisions about food.
I would highly recommend attending one of Colette’s talks. I felt very positive and empowered after her talk. Thank you Colette for your presentation. The content was so practical and realistic to implement.
Colette gave a very informative talk, full of hints and tips for busy parents to cope with fussy little eaters!
When I saw all about Colette’s background on her website, it gave me great confidence and trust in her. Knowing that she is providing the latest evidence ensures that I am not giving my children ‘fad messages. Parents in Gaeilscoil Dara, Galway
I was at the recent talk you gave in our school and I was asking you about school lunches as my youngest daughter doesn't like sandwiches. I was struggling to find a protein source for her to eat but she LOVED the suggestions you made. Had to let you know and to say thank you sooooo much. Anne in Scoil Chaitríona, Galway
We wanted to take a holistic approach to athletics therefore, we decided to bring Colette in to speak about the importance of hydration and fuelling the body with healthy choices. Colette really engaged our large group and the feedback from parents was fantastic - their children are now making much better health choices. The Clare River Harriers Juvenile Athletic Club