These brownies are great for those who love chocolate and brownies
as they include a vegetable: cooked sweet potato but are not super sweet
They are easy to make with just 5 steps with your food processor.
600g of sweet potatoes (about 2 medium to large), cooked till soft
80g of ground almonds
100g of white flour (can also use gluten free flour)
224g medjool dates (14) or pitted dates (soaked in boiling water)
3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or more, if you like)
1 heaped pinch of salt
8 tablespoons of cocoa powder, unsweetened
3 tablesp. Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan)
- Add the sweet potato to a food processor with the dates.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato mixture. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about 20 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie with a fork and bring it out dry.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes or pop in the fridge to firm up a bit before cutting into squares.